[Bell Historians] BBC looks at CCC

David Bryant david at b...
Fri Apr 23 23:30:02 BST 2004

> Probably not, but it makes a very good point. We can't afford to
> let either foundry go: it would be the beginning of the end - clearly
> Whitechapel felt this when they helped bail Taylor's out in the late
> 70s.

Of course I agree, but I honestly don't believe that the CCC listing
proposals are a major threat - the problem with them seems to be very bad PR
regarding their launch which has alienated the trade and many ringers. I
think far more important factors which could lead to a reduction in the
number of bells being cast are a general lack of money in the CofE and the
increase in the reuse of second-hand bells.