[Bell Historians] Council for the Conservation of Bellfoundries (CCB)

Mrthigby at a... Mrthigby at a...
Wed Apr 28 18:52:08 BST 2004

In a message dated 28/04/04 17:59:00 GMT Daylight Time, zen16073 at z...
writes:

> I think Whitechapel got the job because they agreed to supply a
> wooden frame. Metal ones were held in deep suspicion in this part of the
> world for a long time.

The steel frame at Langport, Somerset was replaced with a timber frame, soon
after installation, because it damaged the tower I am told! The RSJ's remain
in situ but no longer support anything!