[Bell Historians] Council for the Conservation of Bellfoundries (CCB)

A Willis zen16073 at z...
Wed Apr 28 19:42:58 BST 2004

> Anne Willis

Two points here. The first is (sorry, Anne!) that the railway line between
Westbury and Salisbury, on which Heytesbury lies, was Great Western not LSWR
(later Southern). The second is that both Taylors and G & J at that time
could and would supply timber frames if requested. I guess M & S got the
job simply because they were the cheapest.

Sorry, I thought the GWR only ran to Warminster, and the SR came up from
Salisbury and joined it.

Anne