[Bell Historians] Council for the Conservation of Bellfoundries (CCB)

Susan Dalton dalton.family at v...
Wed Apr 28 19:42:48 BST 2004

>From: Mrthigby at a...
>To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Council for the Conservation of Bellfoundries
(CCB)
>Date: Wed, Apr 28, 2004, 6:52 pm
>
> The [iron and} steel frame at Langport, Somerset [by Taylors] was replaced
with a timber frame, soon
> after installation, because it damaged the tower I am told! The RSJ's remain
> in situ but no longer support anything!

[Likewise Thomas Doble's iron frame at Puckington, even sooner after
installation. In both cases, I think it had more to do with the prejudices
of the architect concerned than with any actual damage to the tower. CD]