[Bell Historians] St Dunstan's in the East

LOVE, Dickon dickon.love at a...
Mon Aug 9 11:11:32 BST 2004

"A more authoritative one (by DrL and myself) is to be found on Dickon's
site. See http://london.lovesguide.com/dunstan-in-the-east.htm"

Just read the correspondence on St Dunstan in the East. I can only echo DLC
and refer people to the page on London Lovesguide, which includes pictures
of the bells in situ at Sterling Winery.

What I can add is that there *was* a plan to acquire the bells (with the
Winery's blessing), remodel them back to 21cwt and add 2 trebles to make 10,
and put them in a tower in Berkeley University. The plan was not enacted.

If I won the lottery, I would buy these bells, bring them back to London and
install them in the empty tower of St Magnus the Martyr - a neighbouring
church of the now vacated steeple of St Dunstan.

DrL

not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.