[Bell Historians] St Dunstan's in the East

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at h...
Sun Aug 8 23:59:03 BST 2004

--->
>) and one by Jim Hedgcock (who will not forgive me for observing
that he typically dumbs them down).
I think that this statement may be a little on the harsh side. I can
only remember ever comparing St. Dunstan's bells with Jewry and
Cripplegate, which I rang on the same day, and they are two excellent
products from Whitechapel. I made the comparisaon nearly forty years
ago! I have been to Jewry and Cripplegate again and still think that
tonally they are two excellent rings of bells. Of course a second
opinion of St. Dunstan's wasn't possible. But to say that St.
Dunstan's bells were not as good as these two excellent rings, even
if I am correct, is hardly dumbing them down.