[Bell Historians] Trebles on higher numbers

Richard Offen richard.offen at o...
Mon Aug 9 22:17:48 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Cawley" <dcawley at w...>
wrote:
> Look - this thing of Canterbury 9th is no business of anyone except
the Cathedral, the Cathedral Company of Ringers and the bellfounders
and has nothing to do with the very interesting topic of trebles on
higher numbers - which has exercised ringers and founders alike since
the 18th century (Christ Church, Bristol springs to mind).

> So far as Canterbury is concerned, all of us who had any
involvement were delighted with the bells at the tryout, and I for
one have had no reason to change my opinion. I shall be interested to
hear how the bells seem to have responded heavier clappers -
especially outside.

> DLC

Thank you David, well said!

Richard