thoughts on Angelus and Consecration bells

Michael Childs mtchilds at y...
Fri Aug 13 13:37:33 BST 2004

At my parish of St Hilda's in Leeds, the 3cwt Taylor
bell is sounded 3 times at the consecration of the
Bread and Wine and for the Angelus at the end of mass.

At St Margarets in Ilkley a bell is sounded not at the
consecration but 9 (3x3) times at the great doxology
and Amen (through him, with him, in him etc)

And by the way Anne Willis, many of us in the Church
of England believe in the sacramental presence of our
Lord in the consecrated bread and wine, and we
certainly do not appreciate ignorant comments like
yours. Far from being in the dark ages, receiving our
Lord in Holy Communion is a very important to us Anglo
Catholics and by receiving him we growth in strength
to go forward.

We don't criticise other branches of religion, please
refrain from criticising ours.

Michael

=====
<P><FONT face="Arial Black" size=3>Michael Childs </FONT></P>
<P><A href="mailto:mtchilds at y..."><FONT face="Arial Black" size=3>mtchilds at y...</FONT></A></P>