[Bell Historians] Re: Pack and Chapman 1770s

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at h...
Wed Aug 18 18:16:02 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, David Bryant <david at b...>
wrote:
> > Mancroft 1775 and, a David has proved, untuned since then.
>
> Tenor's had a little bit of tuning (Taylor's 1924). If I remember
rightly it's in the soundbow, so nominal correction. Others don't
appear to have been touched on the tuning machine.

> David

The tenor, by Thomas Mears 1814 was reputedly tuned from 40 2 21 to
37 3 15. Rather more than a little bit of tuning.

I have a list of weights for the whole ring giving original and post
tuning weights! --

at: http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/id/7098.htm