Bow Bells record

John Paul Adams J.Adams at u...
Wed Aug 18 18:46:13 BST 2004

>> Have a look at the label. Then take the record to a friend who has a
>> machine that can play 78's.

Hey, Jim, I think we're in luck.

It's a large disc that I take to be a gramaphone record rather than a
precursor to the old 8" floppy disks.

It's by Columbia, and is entitled BOW BELLS - WHITTINGTON CHIMES.
(traditional) (speed 80)
Rung at St. Mary le Bow church, Cheapside, London by the
Ancient Order (sic) of College Youths
(A3924) 4082

Problem is, I haven't got any friends, let alone one with a wind up
machine.

A shame to have it getting even more dusty on the top of my wardrobe, would
it be any use in the ASCY library if there is not a copy there already?

Even better would be to get a recording of it onto CD. Not being dated, I
don't know how old it is, but I assume the copyright must have expired by
now.

What a find! Thanks to my ex-landlord who gave it to me as a parting
present when I moved into my present flat.

John

--
John Paul Adams, Medical School IT Support Section,
University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT.