[Bell Historians] William Eldridge

Peter Whisker peter at w...
Mon Aug 23 17:43:04 BST 2004

He was a Chertsey founder in the late 1600s / early 1700s. Chertsey
Tower's no. 6 is by William Eldridge (1712), but I think there was a father
and son of this name, so yours may be the father.

There are quite a lot of Eldridge bells in S.London/Surrey/Sussex - not
many bells in this area came from anywhere else when the Chertsey
foundry was in operation.

Peter Whisker
Chertsey