[Bell Historians] Ludlow

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at v...
Sat Aug 28 13:47:50 BST 2004

>From: Carl S Zimmerman <csz_stl at s...>
>To: Bell Historians List <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Ludlow
>Date: Thu, Aug 26, 2004, 4:38 pm
>

>>From: "Andrew Higson, Bellmaster" <andrew_higson at t...>
>>
>> There was a huge chime barrel machine that took up a fair bit of the
>> ringing chamber which functioned as described. When JT rehung the bells we
>> helped the parish by lowering the chime barrel to the ground - I last saw
>> it in the porch.
>
> I suppose it's too much to hope that it was preserved for posterity
> in a museum.
>
> CSZ

[Yes, it HAS been preserved. It was in the church when I was there the
other day, but some re-ordering is proposed and we shall need to watch it
then. Not many museums have space for big 19th century artefacts like this.
CD]