[Bell Historians] Minor peals

LOVE, Dickon DrLove at s...
Fri Feb 13 09:41:54 GMT 2004

Bill H:
> The impression I have formed is that the description 'minor' in Dove
> only means that one or more bells in the peal are significantly out
> of tune compared with the diatonic (major scale). It is not a
> description of an actual mode.

DJB:
Quite. Hence the paragraph arguing for the correct usage of the terminology!

Perhaps then through the collective knowledge of this list we could run
through the list of "minor rings" on Dove and come up with the correct*
descriptions.

*I realise that this may still be subjective.

So to kick off, who has a list?

DrL

from any virus transmitted.