[Bell Historians] bell-related curios

Susan Dalton dalton.family at v...
Fri Feb 20 19:26:38 GMT 2004

The canons and argent cut off the medieval tenor at Sturminster Marshall by
G & J in 1911 were mounted on the oak font cover, making it extremely heavy.

I resisted the temptation to join in the recent fun with "minor" rings as I
think I am more interested in collecting information (including the accurate
notes of bells), and occasionally trying to interpret same, than
categorising it for lists and directories such as Dove's guide. But there
were three 'E's I was surprised not to see mentioned: the non-major eight
at Ellesmere, the non-major six at Elmley Castle and the five in my old
village of Everdon which are about a cross between major and minor.

C D