Worcester cathedral (was Liverpool Cathedral Bells)

Andrew Bull a.bull at s...
Fri Jul 2 09:44:06 BST 2004

charset="iso-8859-1"

According to Chris Pickford's notes, the fifth of the old ring of eight (by
John Rudhall 1820) was recast by Taylors in 1869.

Andrew Bull

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bryant [mailto:david at b...]
Sent: 30 June 2004 23:41
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Liverpool Cathedral Bells

> > It would be interesting to know if any of the previous ring of
> eight
> > have managed to survive - they were 'dispersed to other churches'.
>
> Yes they were. I'm trying to find them all. I believe there is one at
> Knotty Ash and another at Christ Church Linnett Lane, but havn't
> managed to get up there yet.

In a similar vein, were all seven surviving bells from the old Worcester
Cathedral ring ever located? the treble, 3rd, 4th and 7th are on display in
the Cloisters, the tenor is at a church near Wakefield (can't remember the
name but I'm sure somebody will be able to). Was the 5th ever found? (the
2nd was stolen prior to the ring being removed).

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/ <http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/>

http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/id/7098.htm
<http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/id/7098.htm>

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dn76q1/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
oups/S=1707285820:HM/EXP=1088721689/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
anion.yahoo.com> click here

:HM/A=2128215/rand=311979473>

_____

Yahoo! Groups Links

This email originated externally and has been scanned by MessageLabs

Internet E-mail communications are not secure and therefore the
Khaos Technologies Group does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely
Khaos Technologies Group unless otherwise specifically stated.