[Bell Historians] Kettering

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at v...
Fri Jul 2 09:49:21 BST 2004

>From: "David Bryant" <david at b...>

> While on the subject of Kettering, I understand that the 9th of 1630 has
> been scrapped. This clearly goes against the code of practice, so how was it
> allowed?

[I guess because it is in Peterborough diocese, where they have never taken
much notice of the Code of Practice, CCC lists, etc. One had hoped that a
recentish change of DAC bell consultant would have brought about some
improvement, though the previous and present ones - both architects - come
from the same stable (so to speak). CD]