[Bell Historians] A rather short transfer!

philholtsdgr pippolucas23 at a...
Fri Jul 2 23:16:55 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Colin Turner <colin at p...>
wrote:
> In message <cc28nu+raf5 at e...>, Mike Chester
> <mike at m...> writes
> >From the ANZAB website
> >
> >St John's, Brisbane
> >

> >Question
> >
> >This is the shortest distance a ring has been transferred?
Discuss.

> Probably, but even so it counts as a "new" tower in my book. I was
> fortunate (?) to ring in the only peal on the 10 in 1988, which was
> quite an experience as the tower was just not up to the job.
>
> I look forward to a return visit.
>
> --
> Colin Turner
I assume we are talking horizontally here. I am sure that there are a
few instances where bells have been transferred to a lower position
in a tower to improve the go. Can't think of an example immediately.
Can anybody ?
Phil Lucas