[Bell Historians] Denholme (was rodmorden)

Alan J.Birney fartwell2000 at y...
Sat Jul 3 07:54:13 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Nick Bowden"
<nickwbowden at f...> wrote:
> "Alan J.Birney" wrote:
> > I understand that the church at Denholme (although not as big
as
> > Christ Church) is also to be a house and several planning
> > applications have been submitted with regard to turning the
grounds
> > into a domestic garden.
>
> What will happen to the bells?
> Nick

I think it is fairly safe to say they will not be scrapped, and if
plans that I am involved are successful, they will be retained in the
Diocese as a complete ring of eight, with small modifications to
their hanging and clappering (with proper advice being sought)
There are rumours of several parties being after the bells, and I
understand that they are still up for grabs.

Alan