[Bell Historians] Re: Cast maker's plates from Mears & Stainbank.

Andrew Aspland aaspland at y...
Sat Jul 3 18:34:31 BST 2004

Some 15-20 years ago (when I was very ignorant of bell archeology- It
was a case of of look to see how many bells there were in a tower and
not record anything), I came across one in a North Yorkshire three
bell tower- Possibly Ramsgill (nr Ripon).
Mr Aspland may have been there and if so can possibly confirm or
deny this.

Well there won't be an M&S plate at Ramsgill because they are all Taylors!
Can't recall seeing one anywhere - how big are they?
Andrew