[Bell Historians] Chester Cathedral

matthewhigby at a... matthewhigby at a...
Mon Jul 5 09:25:24 BST 2004

dalton.family at v... writes:

And what a disappointment
the whole job turned out to be - perhaps that is why I have no RW reference
for 1975 because surely there must have been an article.

We rang there on an outing the other day - I was surprised that nothing has
been done with the achoustics - it looks a simple job to me. They are a truly
glorious ring outside - they were better inside when Martin Hough opened the
trap door in the ringing room ceiling but they were still rather 'mushy'.

Cheers

Matthew

Matthew Higby & Co Ltd,
Church Bell Engineers.