[Bell Historians] Liverpool Cathedral Bells

John Camp camp at b...
Wed Jul 7 23:02:53 BST 2004

At 22:05 on 07 July 2004, jimhedgcock wrote:

> If I wanted to be scurrilous about this, I could say that the report
> contains one inaccuracy in that it was the tenor that crashed to the
> floor.  And that in  fact Whitechapel were unable to recast the bell
> and it was sent to Loughborough for recasting.  How do I know - see
> Bell Ringing by John Camp Snr. photo opposite page 109 ' Enmmanuel
> the tenor bell of Liverpool Cathedral on the tuning machine at the
> Loughborough Bell Foundry'.

As, I think, Jim knows, I have some embarrassment about my late
father's contributions to ringing literature. He was not always very
accurate.

He died 14 years ago. I was slightly taken aback to be told by Mike
Chilcott at the 12-bell final that he thought that it was my father
who wrote "From the E-lists".

John Camp