[Bell Historians] Re: Cast maker's plates from Mears & Stainbank.

Richard Offen richard.offen at o...
Thu Jul 8 13:28:13 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Alan J.Birney"
<fartwell2000 at y...> wrote:
> --- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Aspland"
> <aaspland at y...> wrote:
> >

> > Well there won't be an M&S plate at Ramsgill because they are all
> Taylors!
> > Can't recall seeing one anywhere - how big are they?
> > Andrew
>
> Raymond Clayton was the one that noticed it- in the clockroom cum
> ringing room I think.
> I cannot remember much more than that.
> Alan

Are you sure it wasn't one of the ones that Taylors used to nail up
in some appropriate place. They were about the size of a business
card - there's one on the ringing room wall at Willey in Shropshire.