[Bell Historians] Re: Cast maker's plates from Mears & Stainbank.

Alan J.Birney fartwell2000 at y...
Thu Jul 8 14:42:45 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Richard Offen"
<richard.offen at o...> wrote:
> --- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Alan J.Birney"
> <fartwell2000 at y...> wrote:
> > --- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Aspland"
> > <aaspland at y...> wrote:
> > >

> > > Well there won't be an M&S plate at Ramsgill because they are
all
> > Taylors!
> >

> Are you sure it wasn't one of the ones that Taylors used to nail up
> in some appropriate place. They were about the size of a business
> card - there's one on the ringing room wall at Willey in Shropshire.

Possibly it was- It had the founders (Taylors) and the year of
casting on it.
If I am in the area again, I will try to look up and take a picture.

Alan