[Bell Historians] Re: Sheldon St.Giles

David Bryant david at b...
Mon Jul 12 11:02:11 BST 2004

> Can anyone explain why there seems to be a gap between the epoxy pad
> and the headstock on each of the bells with canon retaining
> headstocks?

Is the treble headstock by Carr? I note that it is a straight stock and the bell is hung out using a large pad, rather than Taylor's more usual method of having a headstock which protrudes well below the gudgeon line (as in the picture of the 2nd).

> A light ring has been hung recently (by a different contractor), which have had the
> canons (except for the top inch or so) completely buried in resin. As they can't be
> seen now - it makes me wonder why they were ever kept in the first place.

How easy it it to remove resin pads - is there a solvent which will dissolve them?

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/