[Bell Historians] canons etc

David Cawley dcawley at w...
Thu Jul 15 20:29:26 BST 2004

familiar to us all - without canons as a rule but with one sort or another=
when required.

DLC=20
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Alan J.Birney=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 3:37 PM
Subject: [Bell Historians] canons etc

I am fascinated by the thread on canons and canon retaining=20
headstocks and I am sorry that I dont have more to offer, but a=20
couple of posts got me thinking.
On most of (if not all) the Italian bells (including modern bells)I=20
have seen via the internet, canons are present.
Are these for decoration, or is there some advantage to having them=20
that we are missing?
And what of button top (or flange top bells)- what was the purpose=20
of these?

Alan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

=20=20=20=20=20=20
c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service=
.=20