Bell Recordings

Peter Humphreys pfh at w...
Sat Jul 17 10:28:39 BST 2004

I believe the topic of making recordings of bells may have been
discussed here before I was a subscriber. So apologies for
resurrecting...

I am considering the purchase of some suitable 'recording equipment' in
either Minidisk of MP3 format for making recordings of church bells.
Does anyone have any experience of recording with such equipment and be
in a position to offer any relevant advice?

I have scoured the internet for specifications of MP3 recorder/players
but they all specifically refer to voice recording from an inbuilt
microphone.

Is stereo recording too ambitious/costly?

Initially recordings would be for use on a website (Wirral Branch, CDG)
but I may extend to producing a CD or even a DVD with photographs of the
relevant churches at some future date.

Many thanks

Peter

Peter Humphreys
15 Mount Park, Bebington, Wirral CH63 5RD
Tel: 0151-608 9434
e-mail: pfh at w...