[Bell Historians] post-war rings

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at v...
Sat Jul 17 13:06:20 BST 2004

> G & J sometimes installed fabricated steel frames before WWII too - I
> seem to remember that Carisbrooke, IOW is of this design.

After the First World War, when G & J first made low-side frames rather than
invariably installing high-sided 'H' frames copied from Taylors, they were
all made of steel and "queen-posted" - e.g. Purton, Wilts., and Corfe Mullen
Dorset. G & J frames with cast iron sides came a good deal later I think.

C D