**SPAM** Re: [Bell Historians] Bishop Latimer, Birmingham

Richard Offen richard.offen at o...
Mon Jul 26 00:48:23 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Richard Grimmett"
<richard at g...> wrote:
> Vicar never liked them. Same old chap is still there I think.
Also
> some excuse about an unexploded bomb near the tower!!
>
> George was accused of being a hangman after a peal there, when he
went
> into the lcoal with an old bellrope over his shoulder

Norman Goodman used to tell loads of entertaining tales about peal
attempts there, including the evening they found the ringing room
two inches deep in rain water, "shall you ring round the deep end or
the shallow tonight George?" Enquired Rodney Meadows of George F!