Bishop Latimer's etc

Richard Offen richard.offen at o...
Mon Jul 26 08:29:51 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "CHRIS PICKFORD"
<c.j.pickford.t21 at b...> wrote:
> I think Mr. Offen is momentarily disorientated - something to do
with being in the antipodes, maybe. His story - I've certainly heard
it, too - relates to Bishop Ryder's, not Bishop Latimer's

Oops! Sorry you're right! It must be jet lag - I've just flown
from Perth to Brisbane!

Went and looked at the Cathedral bells in their new home this
morning. They look very strange hanging high up, in a radial frame
on the tower roof, open to the elements. The builders are
currently building a temporary steel and timber spire which is going
to be dropped over the bells by helicopter ...should like to see
that operation - the site foreman told me he's planning to do it
when there is no one about!