An example of bell-related drivel on the internet

David Bryant david at b...
Mon Jul 26 13:17:54 BST 2004

Just found this on the web:

"The Medieval Church of St. John the Baptist, St. John-in-Cornwall is
of considerable historic importance. The ancient bell frame in the
Norman tower of the Church is reputedly the oldest in Cornwall.
Constructed of massive Oak, the bell frame is probably 16th century,
perhaps dating from just before the reformation and is, we believe,
the last remaining oak bell frame in Cornwall. Unusually, there are
three bells hung in the tower, the earliest dating from the 15th
century."

I think they need to do their research a bit more thoroughly!