[Bell Historians] Re: Dee, Dah, Dah, Dah, Dah, Dah, Dah, Dum, Dum, Dum!

Simon Bond yahoo at s...
Tue Jul 27 14:01:43 BST 2004

>Of course, the bell supplied to Taylors to the RSC, wasn't their
>first venture on stage. More notoriously, they supplied a bell to the
>rock group AC/DC for their 'Hells Bells' tour. The present
>whereabouts of this bell is uncertain, unless anybody has tracked it
>down recently.
> Phil Lucas

A smallish Whitechapel bell (looks about 1cwt) tuned to C(4) was used by
Pink Floyd whenever they performed High Hopes on tour. The bell currently
used by Dave Gilmour would appear to be the same but carries the date **01.
I can't see the century on the DVD but the bell also bears the current
Whitechapel crest which I understand makes it post-1904. I wonder then what
happened to the bell that Pink Floyd used to tour with. Is there a tower
somewhere that contains all the bells that were once used by rock bands of a
by-gone age?

Simon Bond