[Bell Historians] Re: Wavertree, Liverpool, St Thomas

Peter Humphreys pfh at w...
Tue Jul 27 23:14:35 BST 2004

charset="us-ascii"

There are a later set at Christ Church, Higher Bebington, Wirral - 27th
May 1920. Information originally supplied to me by Chris Pickford.

See www.wirral8.f9.co.uk/wirral/hrbebbells.htm

Purely by coincidence these are the bells which were rung at my wedding
in 1968, some 22 years before I started ringing.

Peter Humphreys

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bryant [mailto:david at b...]
Sent: 27 July 2004 20:52
To: Bell Historians
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Re: Wavertree, Liverpool, St Thomas

DLC:

"Very many thanks. Any idea of founder and date (they are not in
Warner's
1877 or 1911 catalogues, nor in Mears' 1885, 1891, 1895, 1912, 1920, and
don't think anyone (in England) else cast hemispherical bells as tower
instruments - or at least, advertised them ! I look forward to being
sjot
down in flames on the last point, especially in view of "Strange Sounds
from
the Belfry" !"

Taylor's? There was a set by them at a now-demolished church in Lincoln
-
full details in JRK's Lincolnshire book.

Incidentally, when were sets of hemisphericals for churches last
supplied?
The latest I know of are a set of three by Whitechapel 1914 at a church
in
York, but I haven't studied the history of said instruments in any
depth.

David

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129h9adog/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/
D=groups/S=1707285820:HM/EXP=1091049139/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*htt
p://companion.yahoo.com> click here

s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=618792779>

_____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

*	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of