Brockhampton Church

Nick Bowden nickwbowden at f...
Thu Jul 29 14:49:46 BST 2004

"Marchant, Andrew (RDSSW)" <Andrew.Marchant at d...> wrote:
> I can confirm that the church in Roscoe, Rogers & Knight's picture
which is
> for sale is at SO598316 and is just south of Brockhampton Court (by
Ross).
> Brockhampton by Ross new church (marked with tower on OS, SO594321)
has a central tower.

> Brockhampton by Bromyard (SO683549) has a west tower with
pinnacles. It also has at least 4 large gothic style arched windows
down the south side of the church and is completely surrounded by
trees.

> Just need to sort out which church the ring of 3 are/were in!
>
> I'm becoming more convinced they're in Brockhampton by Bromyard and
should be re-instated in Dove.

> Andy

Thanks Andy. The ring of 3 is definitely at Brockhampton by Bromyard
and the grid ref was changed in Dove quite recently to reflect that
fact. John Baldwin will have the correspondence. I emailed him with
my concerns that the information given to him (in good faith) that
the bells had gone was incorrect and he is ivestigating this with the
Hereford DAC. However, some bells had been sold according to the
originator of this thread so perhaps the DAC can shed some light on
that.

With hindsight the 3&4 Bell Society should have paid a visit while in
Herefordshire.

Nick