G & J

Richard Offen richard.offen at o...
Thu Jun 3 09:35:51 BST 2004

It seems very quiet on this list at the moment, so I'll set another
hare running. It's actually a question that I've asked before, but
no one answered last time!

Where was Gillett & Jonston's first ring of harmonically tuned bells
and was there, as with Taylors, a transition period from old style to
true-harmonic (or Simpson as they always called it)?

Of course, the answer may be to send Dickon into Croydon Public
Library again, where many of the answers may be stored!

Richard