Wolverhampton (again)

Bill Hibbert bill at h...
Tue Jun 15 19:00:42 BST 2004

I've now had the opportunity to listen to DB's recordings, and try
them in changes. The trebles are rather jolly; bright and pingy due
to their high partials. The difference between the treble and second
can clearly be heard. I tried the treble tuned up by 20 cents and
liked it more.

The tenors sound dull and flat, just as I would expect from their
upper partials. The tenor also has a very loud quint, clearly audible
in the recording, which is most unusual. The tenors have neither the
brassiness (due to their flat high partials) nor the resonance (due
to clappering, metal or whatever) that one has come to expect. Would
they benefit from sprung clappers?

Bill H