[Bell Historians] attachments

LOVE, Dickon dickon.love at a...
Wed Jun 16 12:10:06 BST 2004

"I have re-enabled the facility to send email attachments to the list, so if
anyone sends one it will go to all list members who receive individual
emails (as opposed to the digest or reading on the web). There haven't been
any viruses trying to get through for several months, so I think it is now
OK to allow attachments, although of course if any viruses do appear I will
block attachments again."

Given that the archives do not archive attachments, and that attachments are
not visible to those who receive emails in digest form or viewing from the
web interface, might it be a good idea to encourage the use of the Files
facility rather than attachments generally? We haven't had any difficulty up
to now. I see more cons than pros here. What do people think?

DrL

from any virus transmitted.