[Bell Historians] attachments

David Bryant david at b...
Wed Jun 16 12:15:34 BST 2004

> Given that the archives do not archive attachments, and that attachments are
> not visible to those who receive emails in digest form or viewing from the
> web interface, might it be a good idea to encourage the use of the Files
> facility rather than attachments generally? We haven't had any difficulty up
> to now. I see more cons than pros here. What do people think?

Some people only receive the email and have not registered a Yahoo username and password so cannot acces the archive (yes, I know they could register one...). I think it would be best if files are sent as attachments and put in the files section, then everybody can access them - I can put them in the files section if necessary.

When sending attachments, please ensure that they aren't too large. Jpegs should be no larger than 100k as an absolute maximum.

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/