[Bell Historians] Liverpool Cathedral Bells

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at h...
Wed Jun 30 19:02:46 BST 2004

> Second, is anyone aware of a really good write-up on the pro-
Cathedral of St Peter, Church Street, Liverpool (demolished 1924 or
5), whose bells are now at St Helen's Parish Church ? >

> The Pro- Cathedral stood where Woolworth's Store (? - memory is
failing!)is now. There is a metal cross inset in the pavement
outside.
DLC will be aware of the details about the Pro- Cathedral bells which
are now at St. Helens, from the article I wrote in RW in the 1960s.
It would be interesting to know if any of the previous ring of eight
have managed to survive - they were 'dispersed to other churches'.