Oldest Change Ringing bell

aswarby john.ketteringham27 at n...
Tue Mar 16 17:19:54 GMT 2004

Thank you to those of you who replied to my query. I am in the
process of compiling an article for one of the national quarterlies
on change-ringing and the thought crossed my mind that an item such
as this would be of interest to the general public. For my purpose
mid fourteenth century will do. However perhaps it would be useful
if David could compile a file of such facts and figures. Such items
as the heaviest bell rung single handed to a peal, logest peals etc
could be included. I am well aware that these details are available
but a file of facts and figures like my Handlist (!) would be a quick
and easy way of finding this information.