[Bell Historians] Menangle

Richard Offen richard.offen at o...
Wed May 5 23:38:45 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Ron Johnston <R.Johnston at b...>
wrote:

> And following tyhat up, dpoes anybody know anything about
> the proposed ring for the U of Washington at Seattle,
> mentioned in the RW a couple of weeks ago?
>
> RON

They are to be formed from six of the old bells from Writtle, Essex,
plus, I believe, two new ones. It's doubtful if they'll be hung for
a while as I understand that some fairly major surgery has to be done
to the tower before the bells can be installed.

Alan Ellis in Vancouver can probably furnish you with more details.