[Bell Historians] Menangle

matthewhigby at a... matthewhigby at a...
Wed May 5 18:05:01 BST 2004

david at b... writes:

> Does anyone have details of the new ring / frame &fittings for Menangle in
> Australia? I'm interested as the tenor is a former Somerset bell.
> I've tried emailing Keltek, but unusually no reply - perhaps my emails
> aren't getting through - it says on their website that there have been problems
> with this, and I know that my freeserve account does get bounced from some
> servers.

Dave has been away during April - and he is snowed under with emails since
returning!

The tenor is (i believe) ex Christ Church, Rode Hill, Somerset. 33" dia
ยข5.75cwt. 1824 John Rudhall. This was removed about 5 years ago when thisChurch
was made redundant along with nearby Woolverton (2 medieval Bristol bells -now
at Bradford on Avon (HT) and Buscot (Oxon).

Incidentally - we removed the long unringable six at St Lawrence, Rode (same
benefice) 2 weeks ago. They should be ringing again sometime next year.

Matthew

Matthew Higby & Company Ltd,
Church Bell Engineers,
Jasmine Cottage,