[Bell Historians] Re: Heythrop, Oxon

Richard Offen richard.offen at o...
Thu May 6 09:16:58 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, David Bryant <david at b...>
wrote:
> > Subject : [Bell Historians] Re: Heythrop, Oxon
> > --- Nearly all of this detail is available in
> > Sharpe's 'Oxfordshire'. A much easier way of gleaning the
> > information.
>
> But not everybody has access to this - it's reasonably rare and
quite expensive (Church Green Books usually advertise it at around
the £200 mark).

> I wonder whether it would be worth considering scanning some of the
earlier bell books and putting them on a CD for sale - To do this
with Oxfordshire would require permission as it will still be in
copyright, but with the earlier ones (such as Walters) the copyright
will now have expired. I think it would be a particularly good idea
with county books such as Worcestershire and Shropshire, as there is
nothing else on those counties available.

> Does anybody have any expertise in this field? It would be
interesting to know roughly how much such a project would cost.

> David

The Sharpe Trust is in the process of producing a CD ROM of Fred's
Church Bells of Oxfordshire, which we hope will be available later in
the year.

Along with the Ringing World, I will post details on this list once
it's available.

Richard