[Bell Historians] Re: Bell Historians] Bellringing Books

Michael A Williams michael at m...
Thu May 6 15:25:09 BST 2004

On Thu, 6 May 2004, David Bryant wrote:

> Question for Michael (or anyone else who knows):
>
> If a book is produced on a CD, can it have an identifying code such as books have. I assume ISBN numbers can only be used on printed matter?

Peculiarly, books on CD can have an ISBN. Most commercially produced CDs
have a unique identifying code. If you look through a music CD collection
most of them will have a "music publisher number" which identifies them.
However, the format is not a uniform standard like the ISBN.

--
Michael