[Bell Historians] Bellringing Books

Susan Dalton dalton.family at v...
Fri May 7 17:34:37 BST 2004

>> Who is going to pay for them Michael. I would like to publish a reprint of
>> Lincolnshire Bells and Bellfounders but I would need a guarantee of at least
>> 150 subscribers.
>
> And I would like to publish my York researches (now more-or-less complete),
> but have the same problem!
>
> David

For small runs of relatively short books, isn't there still much to be said
for (automated) photocopying? For those who like to have hard copies of
things, that is. I was thinking of publishing all the stuff I have got
about bell-frames, by counties, in that way.

Getting Dorset printed has not been cheap, even with the printer being
provided with absolutely everything "on disk".

Gone are the happy days when I could buy Warwickshire (my first - from
Foyles of all places) for 10 shillings, Northants. and Beds. for 2 guineas
(sic) each, Oxfordshire for a fiver and Bucks for £6 15s. in Aylesbury
itself. Sorry, chaps.

C D