[Bell Historians] Bellringing Books

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at h...
Fri May 7 19:01:35 BST 2004

> Gone are the happy days when I could buy Warwickshire (my first -
from
> Foyles of all places) for 10 shillings, Northants. and Beds. for 2
guineas
> (sic) each, Oxfordshire for a fiver and Bucks for £6 15s. in
Aylesbury
> itself. Sorry, chaps.
>
> C D

Relatively speaking, they haven't quite gone yet. There are still
bargains to be had in USA where dealers are not aware of what they
have got. My recent purchase of Robinson's Among the Bells in superb
condition in original binding came froom Missouri for £25 air mail.
This is why I was able to sell my recased copy on e.bay. 'Suffolk'
came the same way from New York for £100. But a copy of 'Suffolk' in
Sussex went for £80 before I spotted it.