[Bell Historians] =?ISO-8859-1?B?oA==?=You & Yours

Susan Dalton dalton.family at v...
Fri May 7 17:41:21 BST 2004

>From: "LOVE, Dickon" <dickon.love at a...>
>To: "'bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com'" <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: RE: [Bell Historians]  You & Yours
>Date: Fri, May 7, 2004, 5:32 pm
>

>> How often are listed bells ... tuned?
>
> DJB: Quite often - again, as I believe it should be.
>
> That is a rather sweeping statement Mr Bryant. Maybe the bells have been
> listed owing to their unusual tuning. No-one would ever dream of retuning
> Petham

[Oh wouldn't they just?! They could do with it, as with the
Bullring/Escrick bells. CD]

Each case should be judged on its own merit and the
> reasons for the listing taken into account. DrL

[That, of course, presupposes that the CCC is going to agree to include the
reasons for listing (as I believe they ought to) in their lists. CD]