Menangle

john maloney mary_maloney01 at h...
Sat May 8 03:26:36 BST 2004

in the ringing note newsletter of NEANZAB from the 2nd april ron
shepherd gave an update on current Australian projects
st. james menangle : the 6 bells are still on display at the camden
museum untill approx the end of may . the steel for the foundation
members has been ordered and the top frame is almost complete .Holy
trinity in Orange : the search is still on for a bell to complete the
peal . the fred dukes fund has made a donation .work is due to begin
in the 2nd half of this year . christchurch in Queanbeyan :5 bells
have been located and secured with a trebel still to be found . 3 of
the bells are in Australia and will need to be returned to England
for tuning. St Augustines Balmain : two bells have been secured ,
another bell located and 5 are under discussion . another donor has
come forward . Talks with council's heritage advisor have begun and a
developement application will be lodged soon . All saints cathedral ,
Bathurst :the catholic bishop of bathurst, bishop Dougherty , has
made a considerable donation to the all saints cathedral bell project.
a first draft of the architectural concept-invitation for
subbmissions has been prepared . copies are available from me (ron
Shepherd)if you wish to have a look and/or comment . a bell committee
stand will be set up at "drinks with the dean " on friday 23rd april .
volunteers to staff the desk and help raise money for the tower are
welcome . this is an exact copy of article written by mr sheperd as
seen in a ringing note volume 20 number 2 april 2nd 2004 . i hope
this is of interest. john.m.
-- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, David Bryant <david at b...> wrote:
> Does anyone have details of the new ring / frame & fittings for
Menangle in Australia? I'm interested as the tenor is a former
Somerset bell.
> I've tried emailing Keltek, but unusually no reply - perhaps my
emails aren't getting through - it says on their website that there
have been problems with this, and I know that my freeserve account
does get bounced from some servers.

at: http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/id/7098.htm