[Bell Historians] CCC and ringers' accountability

Richard Offen richard.offen at o...
Sat May 15 19:33:51 BST 2004

> > We're only talking about bells and old bits of wood and metal
here after
> all.
>
> If that is your view then why have you accepted the post of bells
adviser to
> a DAC?
>
> David

I think you've misunderstood what Mark is saying here.

The point, I assume, he's making is why are the CCC BElls Committee
meeting in closed session? He is trying to point out that they are
only talking about bells and their fittings, not highly confidential
matters of life or death, etc!

Whilst I'm not sure that the comparison with the situation at Bedford
is either enlightening or helpful, I think many of the points Mark
makes are extremely valid.