[Bell Historians] Re: Kettering

David Bryant david at b...
Fri May 21 11:35:31 BST 2004

Did anyone do a survey of bells / frame / fittings at Ketttering? I think that if an installation is to be entirely replaced this should be a condition of the faculty, especially where interesting multi-period installations such as this are concerned.

Sadly, it has to be said that many installations are removed unrecorded. I can think of one in Somerset in the early 1990s wjere the faculty stipulated that the timber frame, which was in need of replacement but was quite interesting, should be recorded before removal. In the event, it was cut up with a chainsaw with no record having been made.

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/