c.j.pickford.t21 at b...
Mon May 24 01:46:01 BST 2004
Just a few observations on the recent exchanges on RSJ stocks.
1. Cold Ashby was definitely a Bowell job (not Barwell)
2. I don't know of any RSJ stocks by Barwell
3. Bremhill is/was a Webb and Bennett job, as has been pointed out, and I thought that the bells at Kington St Michael were rehung by Arthur Fidler in about 1972 (not by Bond)
4. Bowell's very serviceable RSJ stocks are invariably I section, with plate gudgeons bolted to the underside.
5. Bond's girder stocks, on the other hand, are H section with the gudgeons fixed in the underside of the channel
Hope this helps
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
More information about the Bell-historians